The Canary tea pine is a very common wood in the Canary traditions, its beauty and strength, but difficult to work, perfectly supports the weather. A clear example is La Casa de los Balcones, used in many of its installations, it has never been treated or painted and thus can appreciate the delicacy, neatness and the beautiful craftsmanship of master carpenters that worked it. It’s been four hundred years and even summarizes wood resin.
- Name: Pine Tea pine
- Also known as: tea Canary Island pine, loblolly pine, loblolly pine tea ,,
- Color: Wood is provided heartwood. Dark brown and reddish caramel aspect.
- Hometown: Canary Islands.
- Properties: Very heavy. white pine and loblolly pine. Little nervous. Hard. Difficult to work because of its fragility. It isn´t impregnable as it is already impregnated with resin.
- Applications: Woodworking. exterior carpentry: lattice windows, carpentry work view (does not require treatment for his incorruptible character).
- Other information: Fibre is straight. tea timber is translucent in thin pieces (bottom thickness 1 cm).